As you read through the PTO post, if you have any questions about Colonial Day, please direct those questions to me and I will share them with Dr. Chesson, the Assistant Superintendent of Schools. Emails should not be directed to Denny Conklin as decisions around Colonial Day are being made at the district level. Thank you!
First I wanted to thank Pete Gast, Marga Varea, Michelle Marshall, Margaret Muirhead and all the other wonderful volunteers (special readers, set up and clean up crews, etc) for the amazing Literacy Night. I keep hearing what a great time was had by all.
Another set of mini grants from the PTO have gone out. Kindergarten just received some basketball hoops and real basketballs that will go out on the front yard. Fourth grade was sent on an adventure to the Paul Revere House. Thank you to all the teachers who took advantage of this awesome opportunity to enrich their classrooms and/or curriculum! Thank you, parents, who keep donating to the PTO allowing for all these enrichment opportunities!
The Walk-A-Thon is set to happen on Wednesday, April 26th right after school. Please take a moment to fill out the permission form and register to volunteer. This is such a fun event and we need lots of hands to make it a safe one. Even if you cannot volunteer for one of the positions, walking with the kids is also helping us out. Thank you to Terry Holt and her cohort of First grade parents for leading the effort on this event.
Don't forget that May 1-5th is our annual Teacher Appreciation Week. Please read carefully the note put together by our PTO committee below and support them in any way you can.
As for school news:
- We are all set with electricians reserved for this summer to install projectors into the ceilings. I will be ordering the brackets for this project in the coming week. Thank you to all who participated in the Silent Auction to make this happen.
- For the Textile Drive, the Green Team fearlessly lead by Manisha Sharma has yet to find out who won for the town wide school drive. However, we all recycled over $1000LBS of textiles. Go Hardy.
- I wanted to remind everyone, particularly the Third grade parents, that the PTO financially supports Colonial Day, but we don't run it. If you have concerns about the recent initiative by the Social Science chairperson to eliminate Colonial Day (although Kristin DeFrancisco managed to save it for this year minus the costume wearing opportunity), please contact Denny Conklin (email@example.com; (781) 316-3577).
- Order your Field Day shirts ASAP. We are trying to get an idea of how many we need to get made. Also you can order your concert DVD or CD at the same time. Thank you.
Happy April Break!
Cédrine Bell, PTO President
Friday April 14-21st No school. April break
Wed. April 26th Walk-A-Thon! Meet on playground right after school.
Mon-Fri May 1-5th Teacher Appreciation Week!
Tues. May 2nd PTO meeting, 6:30-8 p.m. Hardy library, all are welcome!
Wed. May 3rd Walk or Bike to School Day.
COMMUNITY NEWS—Walk-A-Thon, Teacher Appriciation, Green Team, Cheer Clinic
This year, the Hardy Walk-A-Thon is scheduled for Wednesday, April 26, and it promises to be extra unique! Our theme for 2017 is CELEBRATING YOU! Students are invited to dress in their own individual style, showing off what makes the Hardy community colorful, diverse, and fun!
The walk-a-thon is an event where children collect pledges and then walk laps around the school to raise funds that benefit the Hardy School PTO. Check your student’s backpacks for information regarding this annual fundraiser, or take a look at the Hardy School website.
What do you need to do to make this event a success for your child and all of Hardy?
- Each participating child must have a completed permission slip form prior to the walk-a-thon. Please turn this into your child’s teacher before the event.
- Have your child collect pledges on the sheet sent home in backpack mail. The money will be collected in the days/weeks following the event, and your child will deliver the sheet & money to the teacher.
- CAN YOU VOLUNTEER SOME TIME? There are many great opportunities to volunteer (including things that can be done both the day of the event and prior to it), so please sign up here if you can! It takes many parents to make this event a success.
- Please review the following information with your child prior to the walk-a-thon if they are not familiar with the format yet.
There will be a fruit and water table after the children pass through the grade level tables. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD BRING A FILLED WATER BOTTLE TO SCHOOL TO LIMIT THE USE OF PAPER/PLASTIC CUPS.
If you have any questions, please drop one of us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
See you all there! Terry & Patsy, and all of Hardy PTO!
Teacher Appreciation Week is coming to Hardy May 1-5!
Each day during the week the teachers and staff will be treated to special surprises as a way to thank them for all of their hard work with our children! The schedule of events is as follows: Monday - teachers will enjoy a delicious cupcake donated by Facebook! Tuesday - the teachers and staff will be greeted with a special "thank you” and small gift as they arrive to school. Wednesday - the teachers and staff enjoy a delicious catered lunch! Thursday - a celebratory Ice Cream Social after school! Friday - a delicious breakfast sponsored by Principal, Kristin DeFrancisco!
A sign up genius has been posted to the hardy website with some needed supplies/extras for the week. Also, you should be hearing from your class' room parents with more information regarding honoring your specific teachers. Don't forget to say "thank you" or "I appreciate you" to ANY staff members you see during that week!
Any questions, please contact Annie (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sarah (email@example.com) or Patsy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We have a GREEN TEAM!
The Green Team is an environmental club for Massachusetts schools sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. Green Teams are students, teachers and the school community working together to help the environment by participating in activities that promote waste reduction and recycling, composting, energy conservation, and pollution prevention. Participating classes receive certificates of recognition and are eligible to win awards.
Being a part of the Hardy Green Team is easy! Sign up to help lead or run Green activities throughout the year: Please check us out here.
Cheer Clinic! Boys & girls ages 5 to 15 welcome!
Friday, April 14th 1 to 3pm, $20
Gibbs Gym 41 Foster St
Hosted by Arlington Pop Warner with help from the Medford High School cheerleaders
email@example.com for more info